Is the Mayor delivering homes for London?
66,000 new homes are needed in London, including 43,000 affordable homes.
The Mayor’s Housing Strategy needs to improve housing delivery in London and build more homes for Londoners, especially affordable ones. His long-term goal is to ensure that half of all new homes delivered in London are genuinely affordable.
- How will the Mayor ensure funding is available for boroughs to deliver housing targets?
- How genuinely affordable will the Mayor’s new homes be, as new homes are needed at social rent levels?
- Why doesn’t the Strategy target overcrowding or the need for family-sized homes?
- How will he ensure private renters get a fairer deal?
- What is the Mayor doing to prevent homelessness?
The Assembly will then formally consider the Strategy. The guests are:
- Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London
- James Murray, Deputy Mayor, Housing and Residential Development
The meeting will take place on Monday, 4 June from 2:00pm in The Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend