Website SRS Recruitment
Construction Products Recruitment
Are you technical sales professional looking to enhance your career with one of the UK’s leading construction manufacturing businesses?
We are delighted to offer the opportunity for a Product Manager to join the business at an exciting time in the further development of their brand in the UK market.
With over 30 years experience in designing and producing high quality engineered solutions, our clients have established a strong market position as the largest supplier of access covers and Geosynthetics products to the building and civil engineering sectors in the UK.
The business is built on innovation and commitment to providing high quality service to customers and through their nationwide stockists, enabling them to play an integral role in building and civil engineering projects.
Their culture is open, honest and trustworthy. Their employees are truly empowered to maximise their potential, they are recognised for their hard work and success and the value they add to the business.
They operate a flat structure, without a hierarchical senior management team. You will be empowered to be bold, creative and to make a difference.
As a result of a decade of substantial investment, they are now seeking a Product Manager to drive the success of their broad portfolio of access covers.
Reporting to: The Technical Director
The Product Manager will play a key role in shaping and growing the businesses’ unique offering in one of the construction industry’s fastest growing and dynamic sectors by taking ownership of the core access cover range, working across their teams, as well as with their customers and suppliers, to lead planning, delivery and communication of their products over their life cycle.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Plan and undertake analysis of the market, their competitors as well as the business, to identify and analyse opportunities and develop propositions.
- Gain a balanced view across all aspects of the organisation as well as the legislative framework, the technical product details, the capabilities of suppliers and the commercial context to understand opportunities and challenges presented by potential activity and ensure projects deliver the best possible value.
- Consolidate and prioritise this work to define a vision, strategy and roadmaps for the portfolio.
- Employing your influencing skills with the different teams across the business, you will clearly and firmly communicate plans and requirements to ensure colleagues at all levels support delivery.
- Drive new product development to ensure they have the most appropriate offer for their customers at any time. Providing a commercial lead to the NPD process, you will be involved with ensuring delivery teams, in particular the NPD team, are always provided with priorities.
- It will be important to take on board requirements of the current standards, guidance and customer specifications pertaining to these products as well as advocate for change where appropriate, by attending and contributing to industry forums.
- As owner of the portfolio, you are responsible for documenting and maintaining an optimised, current & relevant library of product features and selling cases for each range.
- An expert and evangelist for your portfolio, you will also be involved in developing and delivering internal training, customer presentations, external training, and relationship building
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- The ability to produce formal project briefs and be available to answer any questions from the development team.
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical or marketing field
- Experience within the construction products sector
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for the type of commercial, legislative, and technical issues which affect their business and industry.
- You will possess the required numeracy and real-world skills to build business cases and quickly quantify value from different factors.
- You will have good people skills and excellent written English skills to brief the teams and expound the fantastic value propositions of their unique ranges.
- Finally, as a collaborative and dynamic company, their business regularly takes them to customers and suppliers, so your ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally is crucial.
Location/Area West Midlands
Salary Negotiable dependent on experience + Bonus scheme
Benefits Company Car, Laptop, Mobile Phone 25 days holiday, pension scheme, full support and continuous training
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.