The team at Dulux is launching the Dulux Promise to all its customers, setting out, under one simple proposition, the many qualities that set Dulux apart as the category champion. A new Dulux Promise icon will appear on cans of Dulux paint in trade and retail accounts nationwide from June, but the icon will mean different things to different customers.
For merchants, it’s a commitment from the category champions that they can provide their customers with outstanding quality products when and where they need them.
The Dulux Promise brings together commitments across five key pillars:
- Quality products that meet the needs of today’s trades professionals across coverage, colour matching and consistency
- A firm commitment to investing in science and innovation, developing new coatings that will meet the future needs of trades professionals
- Dedicated merchant customer service teams with market leading insight into changes in category demands and an agile approach to solving challenges quickly and efficiently, to minimise impact on the supply chain
- Responsibility for each other and the environment. Investing in the training and development of trades professionals and supporting initiatives that allow Dulux to add colour to the lives of the communities it works in
- Investment in Colour Leadership with a colour delivery programme due to launch to the trade in September 2019, to ensure every customer is satisfied with the resulting colour
The launch of the Dulux Promise to trade professionals will be supported in merchants with new point of sale materials in-store and dedicated communications across social and digital channels – including a TV advertising campaign launched at the end of June 2019.
Kathryn Ledson, Marketing Director, Dulux UK, said “The introduction of the Dulux Promise follows a significant period of investment in making improvements to the supply chain to ensure that every merchant has the best range and best quality products for their customers.
“Our production sites, including Ashington, have delivered significant improvements in product quality with rigorous testing of colour, consistency and coverage. All of our sites are committed to the highest standards of quality control through regular on-site testing. What’s more, every year we undertake more than 100,000 quality tests on more than 150 million litres of paint to ensure that the products being made available through our merchant partners meet the standards expected of us.
“The science and innovation team has also redeveloped the Dulux Trade Diamond Matt and Eggshell range and independent tests show it is now 50 times more durable than a standard trade emulsion.
“The team invest, on average, three years in bringing a new coating to market and the innovation pipeline is bursting with opportunities. All Dulux products are developed through extensive testing in the world-class AkzoNobel research and development centres, including its Slough site, with experts running more than 1,000 tests on every formulation to ensure it performs as effectively as possible.
“More than 5,000 trades professionals have now attended a course at the Dulux Academy and last year our Community Repaint project helped to divert 300,000 litres of paint out of landfill and towards local good causes.
“Our Colour Leadership Programme which is rolling out nationwide this year is unrivalled. It enables pinpoint accuracy in colour matching to give confidence to trades professionals when consulting with customers.
“The Dulux Promise is a firm commitment to deliver on the high expectations of our merchant partners today and in the future. It spurs us on to achieve the very best in product, innovation and colour leadership and it challenges our people to ensure that their relationships with our merchants are stronger than ever.”