Home / News / Accidental blaze at Buildbase

Accidental blaze at Buildbase

A fire at builders merchant Edwards Buildbase in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, part of the Grafton Group, was caused by insulation materials catching fire.
Fire crews from Wisbech, March and Long Sutton were soon on the scene after a large quantity of insulation caught fire at the branch in Elm Road, Wisbech.

Matt Murdoch, Wisbech station commander, said: “A large amount of sheet insulation was well alight when we arrived and was in very close proximity to an adjacent warehouse.

Firefighters extinguished the fire at 1.40pm. It is thought that the cause was accidental.

About Fiona Russell-Horne

Fiona Russell-Horne
Group Managing Editor across the BMJ portfolio.

Check Also

John Wilson Grant: obituary

The managing director of builders merchants JW Grant in Paisley has passed away aged 58. …