Home / News / Travis Perkins buys all of Staircraft

Travis Perkins buys all of Staircraft

Travis Perkins plc, has fully acquired Staircraft; a company that provides integrated stair, floor and door solutions.

This development adds digital component design, timber engineering and production capability to the merchant’s portfolio. Travis Perkins first acquired a 15% in Staircraft in 2015, and announced its intention to fully acquire the remaining share (85%) of the company at an investors update on 29 September. 

The company is headquartered in Coventry and operates from three manufacturing sites across the UK. Staircraft managing director Andy Hamilton, who will remain in post with his leadership team under the new ownership, says: “For us, being part of Travis Perkins plc will give us access to new markets, investment and growth opportunities. We also know that our businesses are a great match from a cultural and values driven perspective, and that this partnership will give our colleagues access to new and improved benefits and career and development prospects over time.”

“We have enjoyed a close working relationship with Staircraft for the past six years and believe this partnership has many more opportunities for further growth potential for both parties,” says Group COO, Frank Elkins.

“Staircraft is a very exciting business; technology-led and well known for innovation and quality, and for delivering engineering solutions that are developed offsite in factory based conditions. This means that their offering plays right into our future strategy of elevating our customer relationships by providing new areas of value-added products and services that deliver efficiency, quality, sustainability and innovation in design, engineering and production.”

About Fiona Russell-Horne

Fiona Russell-Horne
Group Managing Editor across the BMJ portfolio.

Check Also

Travis Perkins and Northampton Saints’ charity toy collection runs for eighth year

Travis Perkins has teamed up with Northampton Saints and Northampton Saints Foundation to share donations …